Sunday 15 April 2007

Book Review - Thief by Malorie Blackman



Book review- Thief by Malorie Blackman

Thief by Malorie Blackman is a fantastic time travelling/ in the future story for all ages.
It was published in 1995.

Lydia runs away from home because she is accused of being thief, and is whirled into a storm that takes her into the future, were her old town is controlled by an evil tyrant. She needs to get back to her own time but there is a huge problem…

Lydia is the main character and she is one of my favourites because everything happens to her (she’s the victim), but she tries to be the hero. That leads me onto her brother Daniel; he tries to be the hero as well but is the one who is causing most of the trouble.

There were some parts of the story that made me laugh, like when Lydia and Daniel are tied up and are being watched by Frankie. Frankie (who is meant to make sure they don’t move) then cuts their rope and lets them free, causing a big chase. And when Lydia and Frankie show the head teacher showing Anne confess…

I absolutely loved Thief and thought it was a sweet but action packed story. At some points I just couldn’t put the book down. Great!
10/10

2 comments:

Annie Wicking said...

I enjoyed reading your book review and will keep my eyes open for this book.

Annie

GCs Great Combination said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it.